Sunday, May 24, 2015

Cupcakes and Cornmuffins - Rosemont, IL


Are you ready to experience "cupcake heaven"? Look no further than Cupcakes and Cornmuffins located on the 1st floor at a the Fashion Outlets of Chicago in Rosemont, IL, just minutes from O'Hare airport. This cupcake and cornmuffin kiosk was the ONLY reason I came to this mall and fought the traffic and crowds during Memorial Day weekend. My one and only stop! Why? Because the owner, Ogi Merzier kept tempting and taunting me with photos and descriptions of her culinary masterpieces; in particular, the cupcake/cornmuffin combination made to resemble a hamburger. Cleverly displayed ontop of a barbecue grill, this cupcake/cornmuffin combination contains lettuce icing, colorful icing condiments, and a thin layer of chocolate cake "burger". It even has the four strategicly placed candy sprinkles to resemble the sesame seeds on the bun!

Today, I purchased the strawberry lemon, red velvet, s'mores chocolate and of course, the hamburger cupcakes. I'm sure I disappointed a customer when I purchased the last four hamburger cupcakes for a party I'm attending today. Of course, I broke down and devoured the strawberry-lemon cupcake before I could make the short 15 minute trip home. I'm just happy I bought more than one! They are the perfect hostess gift, dessert to serve at your next gathering or just as a special treat for yourself. 

Cupcakes and Cornmuffins is an online cupcake and stuffed cornmuffin delivery service and is only at the Chicago Fashion Outlet mall during the weekends.  You can see which specialties will be available by going on Cupcakes and Cornmuffins' Facebook page or web-site (listed below).  I know I'm keeping my eye on when the pistachio cupcake is available. The photo had me wanting to snatch it right through of the phone.! After tasting the others, I can only imagine how tasty it must be.
 
I recommend you get to the Chicago Fashion Outlet Mall early. They sell out quickly and for good reason. If so, just place your own special order online. I know I will!
4 of 5 Valcooks Aprons

Cupcakes and Cornmuffins 

"Live life with an exclamation point!"



No comments:

Post a Comment