Saturday, May 30, 2015

Brasserie Cognac - New York City


What does a Bloody Mary cocktail and a New York French Brasserie have in common? Well, Fernand Petiot claimed to have invented the Bloody Mary in 1921, while working at the New York Bar in Paris. So, I felt quite on point ordering a Bloody Mary with my dear friend and restaurant buddy from my New York days at the French restaurant, Brasserie Cognac on 53rd and Broadway. 

I enjoyed listening to the patrons around me speaking French and convinced that if they were here, the food must be authentic. It was and very tasty. I felt as if I had been momentarily been transported back to Paris.

As an appetizer, we order the Gougeres, which are light and airy cheese puffs. Hot and tender, they literally melt in your mouth!  The ham and cheese quiche was perfect. Not overly eggy like you can find at many restaurants. It was perfectly balanced and complimented with a fresh green salad. The salmon burgers looked delightful as well as the chicken caesar  salad. 

There are thousands of restaurants to choose from in New York City, but I am pleased my friend recommended  Brasserie Cognac . The service was pleasant, dress is smart casual and a great place for catching up with friends.
3 1/2 Valcooks Aprons

Brasserie Cognac 
1740 Broadway
New York, NY 10019
cognacrestaurant.com

"Live life with an exclamation point!"


No comments:

Post a Comment