Friday, May 29, 2015

Cafe Fiorello - New York City


Valcooks takes on New York City! My first restaurant when I land in NYC is one of my old time favorites. It's not a enjoyable trip unless I make a stop at Cafe Fiorello. It is located at 1900 Broadway, across from the Lincoln Center. 

At Fiorello, you will feast upon authentic Italian cuisine with seafood, veal and steaks as their specialties. If you sit at the bar, you can enjoy an array of seafoods and appetizers. But there is one dish that is a must - Cafe Fiorello Lasagna. It is like no other. An open faced, flat lasagna, it is like a noodle pizza with meatballs. Be sure to bring your appetite. It is large and absolutely to die for. I mean really! I would probably request it as "last meal". LOL

Not to be out done is Fiorello's Lobster & Shrimp Paparedelle with Pomodoro Sauce. This dish is divine and made with homemade paparedelle noodles.

Now let's talk about service. Outstanding! When they found out they were my favorite restaurant in NYC, out came the glass of champagne. Classy! When the coffee cup spilled over into the saucer, a fresh saucer and dried cup was supplied. Attentive! 

Cafe Fiorello is frequented by its regular customers. Some are weekly diners or attendees to Lincoln Center events.  Therefore, I suggest you make reservations.  Fiorello has ample seating inside, but in warmer weather, enjoy dining and people watching on the sidewalk patio. Dress is smart casual. I will always thank my dear friend, Sandra T., for introducing me to Cafe Fiorello a decade ago. 
5 Valcooks Aprons/Golden Apron Award

Cafe Fiorellos
1900 Broadway Ave.
New York, NY 10033
cafefiorello.com

"Live life with an exclamation point!"

No comments:

Post a Comment