Thursday, June 18, 2015

Folk Art Restaurant - Atlanta


I asked my friend, Cathy to take me to a different kind of breakfast place. And that she did - Folk Art Restaurant in Atlanta. Folk Art's motto is "Artful Eats for the Simple Folk". I'd characterize it as "FORK ART for the palate!" I was excited from the moment I sat down and perused the eclectic southern breakfast menu. I had a difficult time choosing which one of the culinary masterpieces to try. The menu is extensive and curious. They also offer gluten-free items. 

We decided to sample a variety of items from the menu starting with breakfast appetizers. (Hey, you only live once!) Of particular interest were the bacon dipped in pancake batter and deep fried and the sweet potato beignets. The bacon dipped in pancake batter was surprisingly tasty. I tend to stay away from deep fried, greasy foods, but this was good! A lover of authentic beignets, I would consider the beignets as sweet potato hush puppies due to their consistency. 

For my main breakfast, I ordered the lobster omelette with grilled onions and Gruyere cheese. Divine! The omelette was light, fluffy with chucks of lobster. Of course it came with corn grits and toast with homemade peach preserves. 

You'll love the rustic early 50's gas station motif with folk art, advertising prints and hubcaps lining the walls. It has a screened in porch for an outdoor-country feel. Dress is casual and service is helpful & friendly. Limited parking on the side shared with other next door restaurants. Folk Art is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Take a look at their mouthwatering menu online. I dare you! 
4 Valcooks Aprons

Folk Art Restaurant
465 N. Highland Ave.
Atlanta, GA 30307
folkartrestaurant.com


"Live life with an exclamation point!"


No comments:

Post a Comment