Friday, June 5, 2015

Joe's Seafood - Chicago



When asked where I wanted to go to celebrate my birthday dinner, there was only one place that came to mind - Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak and Stone Crab! If you love seafood as much as I do, there's no better place in Chicago than Joe's.

Their staff greets you from the moment you walk into the door and is always in the vicinity to attend to your every need. From the Maitre D' Ben, who gets you to the table as expeditiously as possible, to our waiter Steve, who was as professional as they come.

The legendary Joe's Stone Crab dates back to 1913, in Miami Beach. Joe's has perfected the complete dining experience with over 100 years of serving their customers. They now have locations in its original Miami Beach, Washington, DC, Las Vegas, and Chicago.

Let's talk about the meal...The fried oyster appetizers were amazingly plump, tender and cooked to perfection. For my main course, I feasted on the jumbo king crab legs. Words cannot describe how fresh, sweet and succulent they tasted. Also served at the table were meaty lump crab cakes and salmon so fresh! The salmon was caught and served table side within 24 hours! For me, this was all about the seafood. But the steaks I observed at the neighboring tables looked absolutely scrumptious! My next visit to Joe's will have to include the beef.

Knowing that it was my birthday celebration, they brought out a decedent dark chocolate brownie ala mode. What I didn't expect were the 6 additional full slices of heavenly sweet treats:  banana pie, peanut butter pie, tres leches, key lime pie, blueberry pie, and apple pie! Yes, I had to sample a bite of them all! (It's a tough job being s restaurant blogger!) Each one was divine!  You will definitely want to save room for dessert at Joe's.

If you are looking for the ultimate in seafood, Joe's is the place. Of course, with the freshest in seafood, the meal will by pricey. Joe's is worth every penny. The business casual dress and atmosphere lends to an enjoyable dining experience. Reservations are highly recommended. Can't wait until my next visit!
5 Valcooks Aprons-Golden Apron Award



Joe's
60 E. Grand Ave.
Chicago, IL

"Live life with an exclamation point!"

No comments:

Post a Comment