Saturday, July 25, 2015

L'Amante Restorante - Burlington, VT


I never believed in "love at first sight" until today. Burlington, VT is my new "love"! All it took was the breathtaking views of Lake Champlain, nestled between the Adirondack & Green Moutains and an amazing dinner at L'Amante Restorante.

L'Amante, located at 126 College Avenue, is just a few blocks up the hill from Lake Champlain. I knew I was in for a treat when I smelled the wonderful aromas and caught sight of the dishes being served to the tables. Fortunately for me, we had a wonderful waitress who alerted me that only two of the daily specials remained. I hurriedly requested one of them. Lucky me!

For an appetizer, I enjoyed one of the house specialties, Squash Blossom Fritters, stuffed with Taleggio Cheese, drizzled with honey and truffle oil. Magnificent! Light, airy, with just the right amount of this flavorful cheese, the delicate blossoms were enhanced by the honey and truffle oil. 

The special of the evening (of which I was fortunate to order) was 1½ pound lobster, lightly seasoned, steamed and removed from the shell. The lobster was then placed on top of a risotto cake, garnished with asparagus and topped with a delicate sauce. Amazing! But what made the dish special was the risotto cake. It was not the usual consistency; firm, not too cheesy and a delicious crispy top. 

If you want to "fall in love", come to Burlington. If you want to sustain it, add L'Amante to your restaurant list!
4 ½ of 5 Valcooks Aprons

L'Amante
126 College Street
Burlington, VT 05401
lamante.com

"Live life with an exclamation point!"

No comments:

Post a Comment