Saturday, April 4, 2015

Ella's Folk Art Cafe - Tampa, FL


From the moment I walked into Ella's Folk Art Cafe in the Seminole Heights section of Tampa, I knew I was in for a special treat. The place was jumpin'! Since I was by myself and didn't want to be on a waiting list, I took the last seat at the end of the bar. Come to find out, it was the best seat in the house! I was able to view all the dishes coming out of the kitchen and enjoy the folk art throughout the restaurant. I particularly liked the"Elvis booth", a shrine to the "King" and amused by the photo of "Tiny Tim" (...or was it Weird Al Yankovic. I get them confused.)

From the moment I sat down, the regulars, knowing I was a newbie, began singing Ella's praises and providing a litany of recommendations. I went with the specials; Thai tomato basil soup topped with crab meat and the shrimp & lump crab in a creamy coconut milk broth. Their menu consists of southern comfort foods and American fare, but with a healthy nouveau twist. The regulars raved about the Sunday Soul Food Brunch so much, I'm going to have to return to Tampa just to try it. Last, but not least, Ella's has chocolate covered bacon, three layer red velvet cake for dessert among other tempting treats!

As I have found with most Tampa Restaurants, the staff was pleasant and attentive. Spacious party rooms are available. Enjoy various types of live music performances. Parking is available in back and at certain hours at the business across the street. (Read the signs posted.) Dress is casual to smart casual. You'll enjoy the experience. I did!
4 Valcooks Aprons


Ella's Folk Art Cafe
5119 N Nebraska Ave
Tampa, FL  33603
ellasfolkartcafe.com

"Live life with an exclamation point!"

No comments:

Post a Comment